Program of Action for 2017 – 2018
Assist businesses in their successful growth by supporting a
Government culture that is focused on aiding, not regulating businesses.
Actively oppose legislative measures that
would negatively impact or impede the success and viability of our
member businesses and support legislation that fosters business
expansion and economic growth.
Promote the interest of the business community and inform our
elected representatives of business concerns.
- Participate and promote the CBA Mixers
- Host Candidate’s Forum for City Council – Election years
- Co-Host an Economic Update with CBA
- Create a Legislative Update Newsletter for the community
- Host Annual State of the City event TBD per City
- Build a mutually beneficial relationship with all elected officials
- Represent the business community and advocate in their behalf
- Use our Public Policy Document as a guideline to determine our position on local development projects and legislative issues.
- Communicate legislative issues to membership
- Submit monthly report for eNews
Government Affairs Chairperson: Eric Bisaillon